Full Job Description
We are a national organization uniting Black workers (employed, underemployed and unemployed) around the country to mobilize and provide resources needed to take on systems of oppression, including industries and policies that have benefitted from Black exploitation for generations. NBWC is the go-to source for insight into the discrimination that Black workers face and the solutions sought to end anti-Blackness in the workplace.
DATA COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Data Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $43,000 – $50,000 (Based on experience)
Work Schedule: Full Time
Location: Raleigh, NC preferred (Remote considered)
In response to disproportionately high levels of unemployment and low wage work in Black communities, the National Black Worker Center Project (NBWC) – a national network of Black worker centers – launched in 2011. We support and incubate worker centers who empower Black workers to advance their rights and improve the quality of jobs in key employment sectors through policy change and creation. We provide education and opportunities to mobilize around the impacts of low-wage work and unemployment in Black communities, and work to prevent racial discrimination in hiring and other employment practices and policies. Through our network we intervene in the labor market to improve racial and economic employment conditions. Our network consists of membership-based, and member- driven organizations that mobilize through a lens of joyous militancy, utilizing leadership development, organizing, policy advocacy, Black culture, and strategic communications to build power to address the Black job crisis.
The Data Coordinator (DC) position is a full-time role reporting to the Executive Director. This position is responsible for understanding the internal system-related needs of the organization; developing sustainable systems that promote data-driven strategies, collaboration, and innovation; guiding organization-wide strategy using data-driven insights and best practices; overseeing data is collection and flows organization-wide and empower teams to make data-driven decisions with purpose and confidence. He/she/they will be responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of member, partners, and donor data. The DM is expected to exhibit effective project management, data management, communication, analytical, and problem analysis skills. Attention to detail, accuracy and discretion is required.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Efficiently collect, organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality
- Produce various data-related reports for internal and external consumption
- Develop and enforce data management policies – establishing rules and procedures for data sharing with management and external stakeholders
- Design and build data structures based on organizational needs, goals and objectives
- Maintains responsibility for all NBWC data systems – ensuring they are secure and protected from potential breaches or malicious attacks
- Create, implement and monitor constituent engagement that reflect the individuals’ communication preferences and meets the NBWC’s organizational goals
- Provide recommendations to executive leadership based on evaluation of data collected
- Proactively identify opportunities and target prospect groups to communicate with and/or to solicit.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for innovative ways to acknowledge, cultivate and engage contacts.
- Provide immediate, articulate, and thorough responses to inquiries.
- Creates and schedules email ladders and extracts key data for direct mail initiatives.
- Assumes primary responsibility for ensuring optimal use of database functionality to support departmental/program goals.
- Conducts database maintenance activities, including permissions activities, end user training, and maintenance of training records.
- Support staff in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to organization standards.
- Make recommendations for software, hardware and data storage upgrades.
Other duties as requested by Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or equivalent combination of education and work experience is desired.
- At least two (2) years of experience in data management/data analysis, preferably in a non- profit organization
- Familiarity with modern database and CRM technologies, preferably Every Action and Network for Good
- Strong understanding of data analysis procedures
- Organic love and enthusiasm for all things data – collection, management, and analysis
- Proficiency in digesting and analyzing large amounts of data
- Streamline data collection and analysis to ensure fast access to metrics
- Analytical mindset with problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent people skills independent worker and a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure
- Tech savvy
SALARY & BENEFITS
National Black Worker Center Project is a project of and fiscally sponsored by NEO Philanthropy. NEO Philanthropy provides a robust benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability, and pet insurance. NEO also administers FSA, Commuter benefit, and 401k retirement plans and has generous Paid Time Off and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
NEO is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $43,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- data management: 2 years (Required)
- One location