Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
Salary: $55,000 – $65,000
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Location: Raleigh, NC – Exceptional candidate will be considered for remote work
Deadline to Apply: Until filled
In response to disproportionately high levels of unemployment and low-wage work in black communities, the National Black Worker Center Project was launched in 2011. The National Black Worker Center Project (NBWCP) is a national network of black worker centers. We support and incubate worker centers that empower black workers to advance their rights and improve the quality of jobs in key employment sectors. We provide education about the impacts of low-wage work and unemployment on black communities and work to prevent racial discrimination in hiring and other employment practices and policies. Through our network, we intervene in the labor market to improve racial and economic employment conditions. Partnering regional black worker centers located in Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, Il, New Orleans, LA, Baltimore, MD, Raleigh-Rocky Mount, NC, Greenville, MS, Washington, DC, and Oakland, CA. Our network is comprised of membership-based, and member-driven organizations that utilize a combination of leadership development, organizing, policy advocacy, and strategic communications to build power to address the Black job crisis.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the Social Media and Marketing Strategist is responsible for planning, developing, managing, and implementing NBWC’s overall social media content and strategy to support and improve online presence and the overall digital marketing efforts. The Strategist will collaborate with the leadership team to conceptualize and implement effective social media and marketing strategies to meet and document strategic goals.
- Play an integral role in shaping the NBWC’s brand voice on social media.
- Collaborate with the leadership team in the development of marketing strategies and execute marketing across all social media platforms.
- Develop strategies to increase traffic to NBWC websites from platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok, identifying areas of opportunity and the content + publishing strategy needed to deliver against key performance benchmarks.
- Create promotional strategies and pursue new opportunities to advance the NBWC’s mission, increase mission visibility, expand reach, and build capacity.
- Curate content and graphic designs to be shared across the NBWC’s social media platforms
- Lead creative strategy around target events and branded opportunities.
- Report, analyze, draw insight, and establish strategies from social media metrics; track performance of content across social platforms and the web.
- Remain current with the latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Analyze, craft, and help optimize reports on social performance and trends, messaging key results to the leadership team
- Create and maintain a social media marketing editorial calendar with targeted topics as they related to identified campaigns/strategies set forth by the NBWC, targeting topics to be outlined for different dates throughout the year and play for where and how content will be shared.
- Monitor social media platforms, respond to mentions, comments, and director inquiries
- Measure the success of social media campaigns.
- Track public relations emergencies, identify important points of discussion, and collaborate with the Director of Development and Communications on managing both.
- Drive the development and cultivation of relationships with followers, influencers, community partners, and experts in the field as they align with the NBWC’s mission.
- Use social media to interact with members, influencers, and the NBWC’s target audience.
- Grow and manage the NBWC’s engagement pipeline.
- Manage the development of new content for the NBWC’s national website and microsites.
- Work in collaboration with designers to create new pages as they align with campaigns and events.
- Manage web requests for content changes, maintain/update existing content. This includes copy, links, videos, and images.
- Perform any related job responsibilities as assigned by the position’s supervisor.
The successful candidate will be an experienced social media and marketing professional with proven results, with a passion for quality and outstanding service.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience managing social media accounts for a business, or band; social and or racial justice experience is desired;
- Two (2) years marketing or a related experience preferred;
- Alignment with NBWCP’s mission and values;
- Knowledgeable about social media platforms and third-party social management tools;
- Experience publishing to multiple social platforms;
- Ability to leverage data to understand online users’ consumption behaviors;
- A self-motivated personality comfortable carving out new social media and marketing ideas
- A strong understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, etc., and why content on those platforms rapidly expands;
- Demonstrated passion to learn new advancements/changes in social media trends and emerging platforms;
- Knowledgeable about and how to effectively utilize social analytics;
- Exemplary written communications skills; ability to write copy in a brand’s voice;
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize responsibilities, manage multiple projects, and meet established deadlines;
- Creative in achieving documented goals through content and graphic design;
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet.
All NEO Philanthropy staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for medical and/or religious exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be considered on an individual basis, to the extent required by law.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The National Black Worker Center Project is fiscally sponsored by NEO Philanthropy. Salary range is $55,000 – $65,000 depending on experience. This position is offered a full benefits package, including 100% medical coverage for the employee and 90% medical coverage for dependents; 100% coverage for vision, dental, life/AD&D, and long-term disability. NEO also offers a 401K retirement savings plan, Healthcare Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Medical FSA, Dependent Care FSA, commuter benefits, Employee Assistance Program, other supplemental benefits, and paid time off.
Please email a cover letter, resume, a portfolio of a sample of your work, and the names and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEO is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.